Was in Aberdeen this weekend for my brother's stag do. Managed to get out to Porty for a good three hour session. I had gone with the aim of climbing The Prow 6c, a classic of the area on probably the best rock Portlethen has to offer. Sadly, I failed on the last move a couple of times and by the time I had worked out some decent foot beta, I was struggling to latch the left pinch. I met a couple of cool guys and we got stuck into The Pit 7a. Stuart had been trying for a few weeks and could do the top move but wasn't able to link the bottom section. I worked out some better beta and he did it next go! Gutted. I was able to link from the bottom to the lat move (about 6b+ in itself) but couldn't power up the last one. I got to this point three times. To be fair I couldn't do the move from standing so I'll have to come back to them. I'll call it a blessing in disguise as I'm up again next weekend fro the actual wedding so I can try again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment